Thread: S&W 6906
View Single Post
Old December 11, 2012, 06:48 PM   #9
dgludwig

As mentioned many times, I've long been a huge advocate of Smith & Wesson's line of "Third Generation" semi-auto pistols. I have a special affection for the Model 6906, mostly because, I suppose, it was my duty weapon for a couple of decades before my retirement and it never failed to function after countless rounds expended, much of which involved cheap agency reloaded ammunition fired during mandatory qualification course of fires. It remains a pistol I rely on for much of my ccw carrying duties in my new "civilian" status.

Quote:
The pistol came with two basic styles of trigger guard: a somewhat unsightly square guard was used until about 1992,
This is the trigger guard configuration my Model 6906 has and, though there are some who prefer it's looks (at least, that's what I've read), I also find the appearance "somewhat unsightly". Square guard or not, I would choose the Model 6906 for carrying concealed self-defense duties over any Glock (or any other pistol, for that matter) ever made.

Last edited by dgludwig; December 12, 2012 at 01:53 PM.

Page generated in 0.02349 seconds with 8 queries