View Single Post
Old September 29, 2004, 08:01 PM   #17
Jeff Gonzales

Stirring the pot...big time

Alright, so there I was minding my own business when I thought the hell with that. I have got to pass on some of the lessons learned from our past Combative Pistol Two (CP2) class. The background, this class is our scenario based training class where we really turn up the gas on the students. The students had eight different scenarios they had to work through that were all focused on accomplishing certain objectives. The class hit ratio for all shots fired was 79%. Very impressive, but I would expect no less from the folks who attended which included our very own Editor.

OK, so we had two scenarios that forced the students to move through a structure clearing it as they moved. Without providing too much details or requesting that folks not provide them as well, everyone needs full benefit from time to time.

The first scenario forced them through to a point where are bad guy was waiting to ambush our good guy. Just about every person performed their peek and all learned a lesson...don't do it. The suspect is in one part of a space when they peek, they go back behind cover and the suspect moves and when our good guy peeks back they have to relocate and identify the threat and usually were too slow and took incoming rounds. The lesson learned was utilizing the Press Out technique showed the day before and dominate the space maximizing the distance and minimizing their exposure.

Take it for what it is worth, but there is a class full of people who are convinced.

Later,
Jeff Gonzales is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02615 seconds with 8 queries