View Single Post
Old May 25, 1999, 06:00 PM   #5
ATM

OBIWAN -

I just finished a weekend with Bob Kasper, he writes for Tactical Knives on Street Smarts. His course is geared to actual comabt with knives, not dueling (maritial arts type training). The difference being his course was simplicity, only a few basic techinques, with much emphasis in applying those techniques in various manners (single attacks, multiple attacks, standing, on the ground, and from behind) so you learned them well.

This is the same course he teaches to the military units he trains. As he says, they have to learn many different things and be proficient in all but masters of none. Sounds like the majority of people I know. People who wish to be good, but must still work all day and/or raise a family as well.

I feel like I learned alot, especially since I had no training going in. You can find out more at this website:

home.earthlink.net/~ghca/Kni-Com.html

If you register, send me an email. I live about twenty minutes from the Virginia training facility, and I may be able to give free room for the weekend. I say maybe since I may not be around when you want to come. He also offers courses in New Jersey (Ugh!!).

------------------
Freedom is not Free

Page generated in 0.02168 seconds with 8 queries