View Single Post
Old June 24, 2013, 03:17 PM   #129
Duzell

black lightning back in action/ update

UPDATE
ok, went to gunsmith, he cleaned up the receiver area and we did a few feeds with fake ammo rounds, no issues.

i then got him to touch up the bolt handle by grinding down just a bit and now i can cycle and feed rounds easily

he also polished the bolt, it was only 5$'s so i wasnt put out much for the work.

now scope rings will be here
as well as my new case, as scope is to big to fit in ANY of my current cases. my friends thank me for letting them borrow my single rifle cases which are now useless with the scoped mosin

Current addition to the mosin target shooter
-scope
-barska sniper gen 2 scope, 30 mm tube, nitrogen filled , 6x-24x IR scope, with 2 illumnation modes, and a sunshade. its very clear, and everything moves exactly how i want it to, now if it will last against my mosin....

-scope rings
-barska low 30mm rings: they weren't expensive and seemed low enough for the new mount , the rings that came with would suit something like an AR, not a mosin

9130 muzzle break
now this was a tough choice, i had talks with zane g, maker of the barret mosin muzzle lock break, a few other odd companies, and finally landed on mosinplus

-mosin plus has, 2 muzzle breaks for the mosin 9130, one for those who have cut the barrel off now can have a sick muzzle break thats easy to install on and off

- and for those with irons (like me) you can have a fast lock, similiar setup as zane g's at a fraction of the cost, 45$'s, were the barret style is 150$ last i checked

- now i have the second 1 and i can say its solid and durable, and does exactly what it says, reduces rise,recoil, and flash.

also makes it louder, quick attachment even without the screws , will tighten the groups a bit

only 2 con's to this break and this also goes for zane g

1. weight, these break put a nice amout of weight up front, so if you have scout scope already, i wont recommend to you, as you will get tired of holding all the weight at the front of the rifle.

2. cone screws, while useful and fast to work with will tear into the paint/metal of the front of the barrel, fast lock's is underneath, but the normal cur barrel break has 4, this will be visible unless you use a quick paint touch up like i have been doing with the rustoleum paint(still impressed after the heat it had on it)

otherwise its an awesome and effective tool
RIFLE CASES

i never really stated what rifle cases i had so i thought id list them for you mosin users, pro and cons

1.Bulldog Economy Black Rifle Case with Black Trim (52-Inch):
with the recoil pad added this should still accommodate the the mosin as well as a scout mosin easy, not so good for the scope on receiver mosin as i found out, still using till i get the scope on, it is easy to carry and protects rifle, and it floats....?, no lock point, so take bolt out, or have trigger lock

2. Plano Protector Single Rifle/Shotgun Case:
it has deer and tree scene on the case, so for you hunters its a nice touch, 4 clips and 3 locking points,typical of plano cases, has egg shell foam for protection, cheap plastic, needs 2 normal locks and 1 small one, id recommend taping or gluing the foam as its not held down and will fall out or move, easy for standard mosin, but scoped in anyway can have issues fitting.

3. NEW: Flambeau Safeshot Oversized Double Case. i had to order this to accommodate the new 50 mm scope, not pricey but similar specs to the plano. i have yet to receive it, but it will fit the mosin no problem form the dimensions. maybe hold another gun in with as well, or just all my mosin accessories???

If anyone else got recommendations for cases let me know, im still looking for a nice soft case thats not pricey for a scoped rifle.

53" lengthx3"widthx11"high is my mosins dimensions with the scope

SHOOTING
so now that mosin bl is back in firing condition i plan to shoot this weekend to zero/test scope at 100(move out from there), then draw up a ballistics chart , and post it so if anyone else may need it, they can get one for the scope as a jpeg(ill make varying sizes for those who want to bring to range like me.

if anyone has questions on part(s) specs, or recommendation for parts to look into dont be shy

Last edited by Duzell; June 24, 2013 at 03:25 PM.

Page generated in 0.03155 seconds with 8 queries