View Single Post
Old February 19, 2014, 06:59 PM   #1
djdasher

Quick Review - Turtle Creek Holsters

I thought that I'd offer an opinion on the quality of Turtle Creek Holsters. I purchased an IWB for a Ruger LCP. The holsters are hand made and can be purchased in several variations (color, style, RH, LH, etc.) with several custom offerings (laser, leather tooling, etc.). The Turtle Creek web site is very well done and provides a great deal of information on their products.

My holster arrived when promised. Initially, my LCP fit so snugly that I had to push to get it seated. This was also true of a Don Hume that I purchased some time ago for a Kahr 9 MM. A note that comes with the holster explains that the holster leather will relax after some use. One day later, the fit is a little looser and, I'm sure, on its way to a perfect fit. The fit and finish of the holster is top notch. The holster is form fitted to my LCP. All of their holster offerings are made this way. The metal clip is high quality and is sewn securely to the holster. The clip is not as stiff as some that I've seen, and this is a positive for me. I do not enjoy ripping my fingers up while using those metal clips! All stitching is neat and clean.

The design of the holster allows my LCP to sit deeply with the entire trigger guard covered. Additionally, the design allows for leather between the pistol and my body. As a long time law enforcement officer, I value the security of knowing that my pistol isn't going to pop out of my holster upon physical exertion.

All in all, a very secure holster and a value for the quality offered. Jonna at Turtle Creek who made my holster kept me informed as to the progress of my order. I will definitely order from this company again.

I have no affiliation with this company. I simply recognize quality when I see it. Thanks.

Page generated in 0.02000 seconds with 8 queries