View Single Post
Old September 19, 2012, 09:04 AM   #40
bird_dog

I didn't really want to discuss this yet since A) it's embarassing and B) the ramifications are not yet complete, but I will summarize:

Last Spring, here in the great state of NY (where getting a pistol permit takes a great deal of time, effort and money), I was in the process of a move between two houses and (if you've been through it, you know) it was a time of great stress. One of the nights shortly after taking load after load in my pickup, I collapsed in bed, exhausted.

One of my handguns had been left in the console of my (locked) truck. It was stolen. I've since had my permit suspended and my handguns are now in the county lockup. Suspension SHOULD be over soon, but there's no guarantee on how quickly I will get my guns back.

I made a mistake. You don't need to tell me. I know better, and I knew better at the time. I slipped, and got nailed by a bad guy, and then had my guns taken away by the good guys.

I'm contributing to this thread in the hopes that you all take the prospect of leaving a firearm in your car very seriously. Take it from a guy who hasn't shot his handguns in five months.

Page generated in 0.03097 seconds with 8 queries