View Single Post
Old July 21, 2012, 12:01 PM   #122
USMCGrunt

Personally, I carry no firearm that I have not shot enough to declare it reliable enough to bet my life on and that's including 1911s, Glocks, H&Ks or anything else out there. This also gives me the chance to get past the break-in period, zero it in (or learn where to adjust my aim) and most importantly, become familiar with it.
Now as for 1911s in particular, there are so many makers making so many different models in various lengths and assorted doo-dads tacked on them that saying 1911s are not reliable is a blanket statement. Sure, some of your match grade and race guns built for accuracy, some of the stubby designs and the ones built so cheaply that they looks like they were banged out by a retarded Afghan with a rock and screwdriver as his only tools are likely to have functional issues. However, when you look at Commander length and Government length 1911s that were built with a little looser tolerances by somebody that knows what they are doing, I would say they are no less reliable than any other design.

Page generated in 0.03638 seconds with 8 queries