View Single Post
Old October 16, 2008, 07:38 PM   #6
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Lets assume you are seated somewhere near the center and are surrounded by people. Lets also assume that you have the time and ability to draw your gun before they are on top of you.
Not to pick apart your scenario but these two conditions mean to me that there is not imminent bodily harm. If I'm surrounded by people in a theatre and I'm near the middle there is no good way this person is getting near me very soon.
If he starts climbing over people, I start JUMPING over people. There is no reason I can't run away from this threat. All else fails, worst case, yeah I shoot. What else would you do? Let yourself get stabbed to death? My initial reaction would be to leave and call 911 if I saw a knife. If I had a chance and a clear shot I WOULD shoot a BG who was attempting to kill someone else but I would not initiate the violence.
Verbal threats are meaningless without opportunity to act on them and I would do everything in my power to avoid giving them the opportunity. I couldn't care less about name calling and I'd rather make some people mad by jumping seats and aisles then start shooting.

Page generated in 0.02662 seconds with 8 queries