View Single Post
Old May 4, 2008, 05:54 PM   #1
SwingOut

S&W 686 Grips (backstrap)

Hey Folks,

I have an older '87 maybe, S&W 686, came with the goncalo alves wood grips. When I bought it the guy also sold it to me with a pair of rubber grips. I assume this has been addressed before, but grips change alot and so do people's opinions about what might be good for a situation.
I don't have the biggest hands, and I find the reach on the 686 comfortable. But the rubber grips I have don't cover the backstrap of the gun, and that is where I "feel" regular full house factory loads.
I was wondering if anyone with smaller to medium hands (the grip on an XD40 is about perfect for me (width wise, and reach to trigger), would be killer if they had a slight rubber coating on the checkered part of the grips, but for reference) that knows of some rubber grips I can put on the 686 that covers the backstrap w/o making them too fat or giving them too much of a reach for the trigger.
I don't mind a slight grip contour for the fingers, but I am not huge into big, contoured finger areas on grips.
I know there are lots of grips out there, but my local shops don't carry alot in stock, so maybe someone has some ideas. I am not crazy about the looks of the hogue(sp?) grips they put on current 686's, but maybe that is what I need?

matt

Page generated in 0.02378 seconds with 8 queries