View Single Post
Old March 16, 2011, 02:16 PM   #52
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
I believe Rifleman1776 is right on the mark. There's something in all dogs that can just snap, and they do an unimaginable thing.
This business about dogs just "snapping" or reverting forward to feral "at any time" is just plain nonsense. I don't know as I have looked for this twice now. Maybe you can find the study veternary, biological, forensic (you know there had got to be a lot of lawsuits if this is true), or other type of scientific or documentary paper describing the condition of dogs seemgingly turning into harmful, crazed, dangerous sorts of killing machines for no other reasons than it just happening and it happens light a light bulb going off. You know such a condition would have a catchy acronym like DOG SICK (Dog On Guard Sudden Incident Catastrophic Killer). Every so often there would be some well intentioned episode on shows like The View, Oprah, Dr. Phil, etc. dealing with this devastating issue. No doubt History Channel or Discovery would have some sort of episode on Monster Quest or a show specifically dedicated to this type of event. No doubt the Dog Whisperer would be considered a top expert in the field and show up on all these shows.

No. This sort of thing doesn't just happen at any time.

Quote:
Anything that can happen to humans (dementia, tumors, etc) can happen to a dog as well.
Sort of, sure. There can be Charlie Whitman dogs, but even Charlie Whitman had issues leading up to his event. Failure to recognize behaviors is not the same thing as such acts of violence happening for no apparent reason.

The owner's proclamation of the aggressive dog not being aggressive seems to be about as valid as any statement we hear on TV from a mother about her child upon learning that child has been arrested for some terribly crime, sometimes even with repeat offenders.

Page generated in 0.02666 seconds with 8 queries