Thread: GOR-TEX
View Single Post
Old November 23, 2008, 07:44 PM   #20
rem870hunter

i have a pair of gore tex booties, and a pair or irish setter (pathfinder model) boots.

the setters have the gore tex w/1000 grams of thinsulate. i bought them back in '02 when i was doing tower work. kept my feet dry and very warm i noticed the insides were getting soaked with sweat and had no way to dry them between wearing them,other than placing them in front of a heater vent overnight. i've applied waterproofing to them once so far and they still work fine. i mainly wear them on really cold days where i'm not doing much walking. my feet sweat tons if not.

the booties i wear in my sorel rubber pac type boots. they work very well. keep my feet warm and dry. the felt liners inside the boots tend to get soaked with sweat,because of the wicking effect of the booties. but my feet still stay dry.

i got a boot dryer setup that can plug into a car lighter w/wall adapter for christmas last year. works really good. i just plug it in as soon as i get home from the woods or whenever i'm done wearing the boots. in a day or 2 at the most they are bone dry inside. i picked up a pair of all rubber knee tall boots with liner last winter at walmart maybe $40.00. they so far seem be working well. some of the places i've gone is kinda mucky. hips boots would be too cumbersome and noisy for me,and i use them for fishing anyhow.

Page generated in 0.02369 seconds with 8 queries