View Single Post
Old July 21, 2012, 08:44 PM   #1
insomni

NON LETHAL weapons

I'm particularly interested in any LE guys input on this one, since y'all have probably this day in age utilized some non-lethal tools.

My wife and i live in an OK neighborhood. It's not bad, but some petty crime happens here and there (USUALLY it's a car break in), and she's rather petite.

She wants to go jogging while I'm either at work or out of town, but wants something light she can carry to defend herself if some schlep wants to start trouble.

We've discussed various methods, and what happens in our neighborhood wouldn't warrant shooting, nor does she like the idea of running with the added weight of a pistol. Even a small one. I also like the idea of getting her a method of incapacitation that she is 100% likely to use if some jerk-off wants to start something, rather than an end-all lethal option that she might hesitate using, or be very realistically presented with a situation where it is an inappropriate response (no. I do NOT believe in the "bluff/intimidation factor" of a gun).

So the options we've looked at are tasers (which mostly fail the bulk test) and pepper spray.

i guess I have 2 questions
1. Is there a small keychain sized taser that will work and is easy to use and aim?

2. What kind of spray works best? I've been sprayed with military grade mace and I'D say it works. Which brand is the best? Foam/gel or regular spray?

Page generated in 0.02459 seconds with 8 queries