View Single Post
Old January 14, 2009, 10:43 AM   #122
Tennessee Gentleman

Quote:
Your right of self-defense is not negated by prohibitions against carrying a firearm on the property.
I think it is if I can't carry. If you are saying I can still defend myself with my bare hands against a BG with a firearm and thus my right to self defense is not negated I say that is non sequitur. The exception of course is Chuck Norris.

Quote:
While a business or property owner can prohibit legally carried firearms, they should recognize that they will legally shoulder a higher burdern of responsibility for the safety of visitors.
The problem is that the law does not recognize that principle. IIRC, unless the company has prior knowledge of a known threat (meaning a specific person) then they will withstand a lawsuit and still prohibit you from carry. That is immoral. They have the authority to disarm you but are not responsible for your safety and claim that you "waive" the right to SD by enjoying entry on their property. Again, IMO immoral.

Page generated in 0.02640 seconds with 8 queries