View Single Post
Old January 27, 2013, 08:02 PM   #1
Ac1d0v3r1d3

The practical firearm accumulation?

Howdy folks.
I was just doing some thinking. And I'm wondering how to go about prioritizing my firearms. I have a sort of an accumulation more than a collection of fire arms. I do have firearms that fit my needs, but I have some that are not optimal, and some that are nearly duplicates of others.
Some are good firearms but the ammo is either difficult to find in either quality or quantity.

I'm thinking that the categories might be something like this.
CCW Pistol
Inside Home Defense Shotgun
Outside Home Defense Semi Automatic magazine fed rifle
Varmint Control Small caliber center fire bolt action rifle with scope / shotgun
Long Range / Deer rifle Large Caliber center fire bolt action rifle with scope
Training .22 caliber rifle/pistol

If you have similar needs please tell me which firearms you use. I'm thinking that I might just need to modernize my collection some. I'd like a modern semi auto magazine fed rifle in a modern chambering and probably a bolt action rifle in the same caliber. I'm thinking .223/5.56

I'm also looking to do some training since it won't help to have a battery of arms without the knowledge of how and when to use them. The problem is that I live in the middle of no where so I don't really have the option of going to a school. I'm sure that if I made it a priority I could manage, but I don't want to travel for schooling. So any suggestions for self training would be great. I already shoot clays and shoot off hand or from an impromptu bench, but I'd like to learn to shoot while moving. And if any one has suggestions for drills that improved their shooting I'd love to hear them.
I'm also thinking that I should keep a stock of ammo and magazines on hand. How many of each do you all keep around?

Thanks
-Chris

Page generated in 0.03344 seconds with 8 queries