View Single Post
Old December 2, 2001, 08:05 PM   #1
CoreyS

Assembly of Winchester Model 12 shotgun

Anyone know how to properly break down and reassemble a Winchester Model 12 shotgun?

Mine's a 12 gauge that we inherited from my father-in-law. I don't believe it's ever been broken down and cleaned before, or at least it hasn't under my watch. I made the mistake of trying to take out the magazine tube just before heading to the range. And, I can't get it back on. In fact, I really didn't take it down beyond getting the magazine tube to slide up the barrel a bit. Luckily (or not), there was a trap shoot at our range so we couldn't have shot anyway. But, we're going to try to get back out there tomorrow over noon hour, which means I have til tonight to get it back together.

I can seem to fit the magazine tube back into the receiver the full way, but the tube will not rotate (i.e, not locking itself in).

Anyone have any info or a link to something on this? I've tried a search on the internet but haven't found anything so far. I'll keep trying.

If anyone has a scanned version of the original manuel, that would be outstanding! But for right now I'll settle for getting the things back together.

Thanks!

Page generated in 0.02177 seconds with 8 queries