View Single Post
Old December 3, 2010, 07:20 AM   #19
hickstick_10

Idealtool
Quote:
The reciever is NOT brass, let alone the original material that was used in the Henry, and later Winchester 66': Gun Metal..a form of bronze long used for cannon making.
The Henry center fire receiver IS solid brass, sorry but your mistaken.

I'm shocked how many have such an in depth opinion on this gun that have held it once in a gun store. So take the advice given here with a grain of salt, as some fellas clearly haven't seen much of the guns they are commenting about.

As for its manufacturing and fit/finish, theres lemons from ALL manufactures of guns these days, marlin didn't even bother to remove the machining marks from the part of my barrel that was covered by the forestock on my 1894CB and that gun costs around 120 bucks more then a Henry in my neighborhood. The Henry I own has a fully polished barrel even the part thats covered by wood.

Like I said, I dont particularly care for the gun, but it has some perks, another being no goofy marlin safety, nor ancient half cock notch or ridiculous plastic top plug like the new 1892 clones. The just let the hammer down with the finger off the trigger (transfer bar).

You'd think Winchester or Marlin might still be making guns in Connecticut, if people had half the loyalty to something made at home then they do to these foreign made products.

Ah well I've said enough, back to talking about REAL cowboys, with Italian Winchesters, 40 gallon hats and saddling up a giant rocking horse to shoot at metal gongs.:barf:

Last edited by hickstick_10; December 3, 2010 at 08:44 AM.

Page generated in 0.03772 seconds with 8 queries