View Single Post
Old December 9, 2011, 10:23 PM   #32
spaniel

My home state is a not-required-to-inform state but my state of birth (where there is reciprocity) is a must-inform state. I had one experience where I needed to call police in my state of birth and as the law requires I informed them I was CCW as soon as they arrived to deal with the situation (in which I was a victim). First officer was professional, second was a nervous SOB. I ended up not only having my weapon taken away (understandable) but being subjected to a full-body frisk afterwards. Idiot had no clue on reciprocity. Then he tried to refuse to give me my ammo back, saying that I may reload my gun and shoot him before he could drive away. Really, that was what he said, after I called THEM as the victim of a crime. During most of the encounter he had his hand on his weapon.

After that experience, I would never inform unless I had to..either by law or because there was a realistic chance the office would find out I was carrying...like having to get out of the car during a stop.

After my experience with a couple LEOs on an identical thread to this on another forum, my concerns and beliefs have only been reinforced.

Page generated in 0.02224 seconds with 8 queries