View Single Post
Old August 4, 2001, 11:37 AM   #13
yorec

All too true. Yesterday I was exiting a fastfood retaurant and a guy, who was nicely holding a door open for me, kicked my right crutch out from under me. It was an accident - he had taken his eyes off me and started backing through the doorway and just caught my crutch. Regardless, I nearly went down. It made me realize just how easy and effective this assault would be - especially on someone like me who's not yet used to this mode of locomotion.

But, I think the fannypack will still serve well. I know that if I fall, I will sprawl out on my shoulders, away from my injured leg. I also will just plan on taking hte brunt of the fall with my body, not catching myself with my hands since they sill be struggling with crutchces. If that's the case, the fanny pack in the center wil be easy to access as soon as I get free of the crutches. Then if the attack is indeed an attack, gun to the ready! It's a good thing my usual practice involved shooting from the "laying flat on your back position!"

Page generated in 0.02567 seconds with 8 queries