View Single Post
Old May 31, 2010, 02:50 PM   #7
gspman

It depends on if you are a dog person.Also if your wife is a dog person .I have two german shorthairs that go every time i go somewhere they can go.They are Are very enjoyable to us because they are part of the family.I would leave my shotgun home before i would leave my dogs home.I Do quite abit of bird hunting with them but still is a small percentage of the time they require from me in care.They need to run and exercise to stay in shape.Bird hunting is so exciting when the dog gets on a scent and tracks a rooster pheasant over hill and dale and finaly pins it with a solid point.Then of course i do my part and miss it when it flushes.I dont know how i found birds without a dog before.You will definetly find more birds with a good dog.To me bird hunting is all about watching the dog do what comes natural to them and with good obedience it is just fantastic to watch.Comes back to my original ??? are you a dog person.oh and quail is a dirty word at our house.If dogs hear us say it they get all excited.I have always enjoyed being with a dog.Grew up with german shorthairs and now have them but had a lab that was fantastic great family dog and got so i could read her as well as a pointer.Research types of dogs. Pheasant quail and chucker it is hard to beat a gsp.Hope this helps answer your ????. gspman

Page generated in 0.02394 seconds with 8 queries