Thread: Brass too short
View Single Post
Old April 13, 2013, 11:02 AM   #11
F. Guffey

Scottish Highlander

Quote:

Posts: 41 It's quite late at night and I'll compare a short case to a normal one tomorrow and see where the difference is in it but I cant work out how the hell a case can get to short any way

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I measure before and again after, some cases I fire go through changes, part of the case body becomes part of the shoulder, part of the shoulder becomes part of the neck, reloaders claim the case stretches, not my cases, reloaders claim their shoulders move forward, not my shoulders, my shoulders do not move, the shoulders on my cases are/is what is left of the old shoulder with the beginning of a new shoulder. I know, there are those that sound like they belong on the old “TV show Welcome back Kotter” ,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll9-jEtEiiI

but to understand the case, when formed to the chamber ‘CAN’ shorten. That does not mean it ‘DOES’ shorten every time..

Then there is the total disregard for differences in designs of receivers. If there was total truth about the story that starts with “The firing pin strikes the primer and drives the case forward until the shoulder of the case hits the shoulder of the chamber etc., etc.. If there was a way to provoke someone to think that would be a good place to start, ‘BECAUSE’ when that happens the case gets longer.

Back to the beginning, I measure before and again after. When a case gets longer when fired I suspect the case stretched between the case head and case body.

F. Guffey

Page generated in 0.02686 seconds with 8 queries