View Single Post
Old November 9, 2010, 07:16 PM   #20
Nnobby45

Quote:
[4] So Massad Ayoob recommends:

Saying something like, "That person (or those people) attacked me." You are thus immediately identifying yourself as the victim. It also helps get the investigation off on the right track.
Saying something like, "I will sign a complaint." You are thus immediately identifying the other guys(s) as the criminal(s).
Pointing out possible evidence, especially evidence that may not be immediate apparent. You don't want any such evidence to be missed.
Pointing out possible witnesses.
Then saying something like, "I'm not going to say anything more right now. You'll have my full cooperation in 24 hours, after I've talked with my lawyer."
The question isn't "do I talk or shut up?"

It's "what do I say before I shut up".

Answer: Enough to establish yourself as the victim by pointing out witnesses, tossed weapons, accomplisses, and signing a complaint against your assailant.

FACT: A typical defense lawyer doesn't defend many innocent clients. His advice that one should say absolutely nothing is excellent for his/her guilty clientel. A guilty man can't point out the aforementioned above.

The proceedure advocated above is endorsed by the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network. Ayoob is part of that organizatioin.

I am, too.

http://www.armedcitizensnetwork.org/

Page generated in 0.02141 seconds with 8 queries