View Single Post
Old November 27, 2002, 11:21 AM   #3
Jim Watson

Nearly all loading dies these days are threaded 7/8x14 and are generally interchangeable. You might have to change out lockrings on some progressive machines, and some of the older Lees have short threaded sections that make them harder to use on, say, a Dillon. I just bought a new CFC die for my S1050, for example.

You could get the regular TiN set for $44 from Midway. That will get you a sizing die, expander die, and standard seating die.
If you found that you needed to make tiny, precise adjustments in bullet seating for tuning an already very accurate gun, or if you wanted to load more than one bullet in the caliber and wanted a micrometer reading to return to when you changed loads; THEN you could add the Competition Seating Die at a cost of $46.50 from Midway.
But the regular seating die will load good ammo once you have it set.

The Lee CFC die is good; about $11 from Midway. Set the Redding standard seating die to seat but not crimp. I doubt the Competition die has a crimping shoulder.

(Carbide sizing and CFC dies for 9mm are a little more expensive because the tapered case requires a longer carbide insert.)

Page generated in 0.02752 seconds with 8 queries