View Single Post
Old July 21, 2000, 09:58 PM   #1
Big Bunny

Following some FL members' disbelief that smaller lead shot could be a problem at 300 yards, I found a "large tear-drop" "#5BR" in amongst some 10lb of reloader shot recently purchased, produced by a well-known maker.
It was X2 the size of a #5BR size and would therefore go somewhat further when clay/wing shooting maybe ?

If a .22LR sub-sonic can go 'a mile', why cannot a BB or #2 fired at the same velocity (or higher) go at least a third of that distance? [I realise the difference in ballistics between spheres and bullets.]

I feel that considering possible pellet defects and "welding" of smaller birdshot under barrel pressure, it could IMHO to pay to keep that 300 figure near urban/rural areas, if only for PR purposes!

"I was shot at" says extended family, pensioner, single-mother of four, urban designer and (*BS)artist Sophie Kennedy yesterday at Blanksville, " some of the bullets (*#6 pellets actually) hit our roof and broke some clay tiles" [*No they didn't -actually HER children did that with stones, but she doesn't say that, as it is a rented house her family is in the process of demolishing!]...also she said "The gunman shot our little wild rabbit friends Flopsy and Mopsey with a big black gun(*the worst kind!) and all they were doing was peacefully feeding next door in the local market-gardener's fields at 6 pm".
....Yes, you get the picture....read all about it!(from an actual case locally).

Stay cool comrades and remember Murphy's Law.....

------------------
If we shooting sportspersons don't hang together... we will all hang separately !
Never knock another's different shooting interest or discipline...REMEMBER we are all but leaves on the same tree of freedom.

Page generated in 0.02221 seconds with 8 queries