View Single Post
Old March 31, 2011, 06:21 PM   #37
AK103K

Quote:
I see the issue here and that is you did not use a Glock holster.
Glocks dont need special holsters. In fact, they really dont need a holster anymore than anything else, if your reasonable in you handling.

Quote:
Now we know why there is a thumb safety on the 1911.
I carried 1911's most of my adult life, and on many occasions, the thumb safety got knocked off while in the holster sometime during the day. Ive also had a few 1911's that had inoperable grip safeties, right out of the box. The 1911's are just as dangerous as anything else, and arent immune to troubles. I learned a long time ago, you dont want a holster with a safety strap. I learned that with a 1911, and luckily, I caught it before it got to problem status.

Quote:
The first time that corner of the holster folded in it should have been discarded and replaced.
While I agree for the most part, to be fair, this could have been the first time, and he got to learn his lesson right off. Lucky him.

Quote:
so is this really a holster issue or a gun issue? could you reasonably expect the same results with say a 1911? i have read over time other ad's with glocks and always there seems to have been some outside force that "caused" the ad and "not" the guns fault.
Other than a part failing, whether you like it or not, it all comes down to user error.

Quote:
I'd have to call this a freak accident.
I wouldnt call it a freak accident, just one that that had a high probability of the inevitable. I'll bet he had plenty of warnings all along, whether he knew it or not, either way, he chose to ignore them.

Page generated in 0.05008 seconds with 8 queries