View Single Post
Old June 3, 2014, 09:50 PM   #1
Vale.308

Reloading .308 issue. Need input.

I am new to this forum and new to reloading .308 so I would really appreciate some help.
Im using a RCBS .308WIN SB T/C die set, a small hand held, fixed length case trimmer with a drill, and RCBS rock chucker press. I started building .308 without any instruction from anyone but a reloading manual and youtube. The brass Im using I have only fired once, maybe twice now. I did completely resize the cases when I built them.
I've had trouble chambering a few rounds into my Rem700 AAC-SD so I discarded those. When I load a round the bolt seems to have a lot of resistance when I lock it down. Some rounds more than others. It also takes a good amount of effort to extract the case after firing it. In a few instances the case was so stuck I had to put pressure on the bolt handle while lovingly and firmly tapping my stock down on the concrete shooting table to eject the fired case. I've been using factory ammo since and haven't had any problems. I enjoy reloading when I can find the components and would like to build ammo effectively. Is this a sign of too much pressure from over charging, or do I have my dies set up incorrectly? What am I doing wrong? Thanks for the help.

I'm using:
Sierra .308 DIA 168gr. HPBT Match bullet
Accurate 2230 powder @ 42 & 42.5 grains

Page generated in 0.02358 seconds with 8 queries