View Single Post
Old February 13, 2002, 12:09 AM   #1
chaim

I will NEVER buy another gun from WalMart again!

I just got a new Ruger 10/22 from WalMart and it must have been the worst experience of my life.

I actually went to buy it on Fri but I was put on delay (the instant check wasn't so instant). That isn't their fault so fine, but this particular WalMart isn't in the best area (Rolling Road and Rt. 40 for those familiar with the area) so they assume that I will be turned down and the guy starts treating me like the criminal he assumes I am since he thinks I'm going to fail the check. I was going to cancel my order but that was just one clerk so I decided to give them another chance (plus the price was good- it was the only one they had left so I got a discount, I paid under $150).

Today the FBI finally passes me (great instant system, you think). I go to WalMart, the guy there is pleasant but I again have to negotiate the discount as the previous guy, assuming I'll be turned down, didn't write anywhere on the paperwork that we negotiated a discount due to my buying the display model. They didn't have the box anymore (imagine the looks carrying an open rifle through the parking lot of a WalMart in a bad neighborhood). Also, I had to wait around for some time while they tried to find the trigger lock's key and when they couldn't find it they got it off with a screw driver. When I got it home and tried to disassemble it I noticed the guy gouged the wood with the screw driver. When I try to return it I'm told that since they fill out the federal paperwork and it has the serial number they can't take it back (I believe this is a lie but they won't budge). I go home to take it apart to clean and oil and find that it was sitting so long that the trigger assembly and rear of the receiver is stuck (I can't get it out without busting the stock).

Needless to say I am very displeased by this situation . While I don't make it a habit of buying guns from WalMart I have bought there before (a Remington 581 bolt action .22) but I NEVER will again.

Anyone want to share bad WalMart or other gun buying experiences, I guess I started it. Also, any suggestions as to what to do to get the gun disassembled would be VERY welcome (I'm thinking of saturating the area with gun oil so that hopefully it will unstick, that or pound on it with a rubber mallet- I just need to buy the mallet).

Page generated in 0.02712 seconds with 8 queries