View Single Post
Old July 4, 2013, 12:38 PM   #23
patriotic

Quote:
The Carbon-15 receiver is made of Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic (CFRP). The material is plastic (def: capable of being shaped or formed) when heated. Plastic is a 100% accurate term for the receiver of the Carbon-15
Your definition of “plastic” can also define a property of steel when heated. And thank you for the spelling lesson. You saved me the agony of going through life depending on the Gates spell checker.

Quote:
You are the one that indicated they are one in the the same, so the onus is on you to provide the supporting evidence. You will, however, quickly find that you will be unable to, so I'll go ahead and help you out.
No need to repeat “the”.

Never indicated they were one in the same only that carbon composites are the new high strength technology replacing aircraft aluminum in aircraft. Just like all injection molded plastics are very different from one another. If is refreshing to see you have revised your terminology to “injection-molded polymers” and not plastic, they are quite different you know. Plastic can be melted and reformed but polymers cannot. Hence you cannot call a C15 receiver “plastic”.

Quote:
Traditional aircraft materials such as aluminum and steel make up about 1/5 of the F-22's structure by weight. The high performance capabilities of the F-22 requires the significant use of titanium (42 % of all structural materials by weight) and composite materials (24 % by weight), which are both stronger and lighter weight than traditional materials, and offer better protection against corrosion.
Taken from your F-22 link. I would guess you made my case regarding composite materials being stronger as well as lighter in weight.

In reality the condescending remarks that were made in this thread were by the Carbon 15 cynics. So unless you have owned one and have experienced a problem with it you have no grounds to talk.

Page generated in 0.02141 seconds with 8 queries