View Single Post
Old February 16, 2013, 02:05 AM   #27
Jbotto

Threads like these are helpful to me. I work at a hardware store, where we have a small gun counter. I am nearly the only employee who knows much about guns so I get tossed back there when a customer comes in gun shopping. We seem to always be selling Hi Point C9's and never run out of them. Up until a few weeks ago, we could get them whenever we wanted and never waited for a backorders... Now, not so much the case.

When I'm selling the Hi Points, my spiel goes something like this: "The Hi Points are selling at that price as compared to something like the Ruger SR's and Springfield XD's, because there is nothing refined about them. When you rack the slide and pull the trigger, they go bang. Every time. If this is all your budget allows right now, and you're looking for a reliable home defense gun or something to shoot at deer camp, here it is. If you're looking for something to comfortably shoot a few hundred rounds per week through, you might be better suited with something a bit more ergonomic."

I am just hoping one day that when I'm out at the gun club, one of those Hi Point owners that I sold that gun to will be out there and I can get a chance to try them. It hasn't happened yet though...

Page generated in 0.02897 seconds with 8 queries