View Single Post
Old January 11, 2006, 01:26 PM   #4
Harley Quinn

I am developing a new load as we speak

I will get back to you about the accuracy, for now I will say this...

A 205 grain Cowboy (.427) lead semi wad cutter. I am going to wrap it in teflon tape and get it to .430.
The teflon will help it slide down the barrel much faster, Lowering the pressure.
Then I jack up the load to increase the velocity and increase the pressure.

This is a very hard cast bullet when I get to see signs of pressure I will back off a smidgen and see how it is for accuracy I will then let you know. I will do this with 3 loadings at a time. Just load three up and shoot them.

I will load up six different loads starting with something fairly warm and go from there...(the decrease in friction is my salvation) I can then jack up the other five loads in small amounts and should be safe. I will check each and every round one at a Time...

I will of course crono the dude and then give you an update...Should be flatter and be very good for what I want...

Some like the Heavier 300+ bullets from Garrett but I am going to try this for fun...If it works with this load I can then go to a heavier bullet with the same .427 and see how that works.
I am going to be shooting them out of my 44 Ruger SBH 7 1/2 "...Not the 3 screw.

Friction is the culpret. Each chamber in a revolver is slightly different.
So when I do get the load that is not showing to bad of pressure I will then load it for the six chambers and see how it is from there..

I may not be able to do it for a month but it is on my schedule. This should be a bad a** load.

Harley

Page generated in 0.03761 seconds with 8 queries