View Single Post
Old September 28, 2013, 04:01 PM   #28
jimbob86

Quote:
Good thread and good advice. I do not have a CCW so I OC when I feel the need to carry. However, during family event's I often question whether or not to bring my gun. I think that OC would be a bit more trouble than it's worth despite how comfortable it is to carry a 1911 owb (I have a big family, some of which I don't know that well).
Get your permit. Problem solved.

A 1911 carries IWB pretty well (because it is pretty flat), with a good belt and holster.

Quote:
When he comes over I always unload it and put it away,
Good plan.

Quote:
even though he'd never be able to pick it up, much less operate it.
Bad assumption. Kids will do amazing things because they have no fear when they are small..... My son son was just learning to walk, and was using the chairs around our round pedestal dining room table as hand rails, doing laps anound the table .... I went downstairs and changed out the load of laundry, and brought up the basket of clean clothes .... was gone maybe 3 minutes. As I came back through the dining room, there he was, standing on wobbly legs in the middle of the dining room table, pumping his fists up and down and hooting like a demented monkey ..... scared the crap outa me ....

Page generated in 0.02747 seconds with 8 queries