View Single Post
Old July 21, 2011, 11:36 AM   #10
Wag

I'm starting to realize, as I read and think about this, that the .410 might not be a good way for her to start at all. We've been out in the desert using a hand launcher on many occasions and the tight pattern on the .410 was always a discouragement. The 970 MM was pretty easy to use but we generally shot the targets at pretty close range and sometimes, we'd pump that thing for all six shots and finally break it! All y'all would have laughed at us, I'm sure! That was years ago, though. I feel like a rube thinking back on those days!

On the other hand, it's like setting the basketball net three feet higher and making the hoop just a bit smaller . . . .

I dunno. I don't want her (or me) to try it and decide it's not for us just because we don't have the right equipment.

I'll start checking the gun stores and pawn shops for some decent over/under shotguns.

What I found interesting is that the side by side shotgun scores were MUCH lower than the over-under and semi auto scores. Gotta keep that in mind as well.

Our local club has a very nice facility. I haven't observed the five-stand in operation so I can't really comment but it's not where we will start, anyway. LOOKS of it are very nice! Our start will be to launch single birds and keep the "overwhelmed" factor much lower. When I was taking potshots the other day, it was quite the project, just to nail a couple of 'em. I have a lot to learn if I want to do anything at all with this new "hobby." (Read that, "Budget Buster!")

Thanks again for your comments. Any and all others are greatly appreciated and readily accepted.

--Wag--

Page generated in 0.03882 seconds with 8 queries