View Single Post
Old June 23, 2011, 07:45 PM   #19
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
From a legal perspective, disparity of force cases where someone shoots an unarmed man (or men) are very tricky.
I suspect the fact that there were multiple attackers in this case clarified the situation.

The shooter doesn't appear to have had much of a plan throughout the incident. Even after shooting the attacker he walks over and looks at him (a fairly poor decision given that there is still another attacker at large and given that the shooter doesn't know for sure that the attacker on the ground is unarmed.)

I'm not sure what to think about his leaving the scene. I think it would have reflected better on him had he gone into the store after the shooting and asked someone to call the authorities and waited there for them to arrive. Then again, it doesn't seem that the authorities are unhappy with his actions.

I hope his decision to post about it on the internet doesn't come back to bite him.
Quote:
The guy took 2 .45acp rounds at point blank and is walking around on the streets a few days later.
I can't find a link at the moment, but as I recall about 80% of handgun shooting victims survive. Not surprising since a handgun bullet, even from the "service pistol class" (including .45ACP), destroys only 3-4 ounces of tissue on average.

Page generated in 0.02419 seconds with 8 queries