View Single Post
Old June 2, 2011, 05:52 PM   #5
A_Gamehog

FYI, they use a powder we can't buy. Most ammo companies have access to powders we can't buy with civilian supply/pipelines. Hornady's 204 ruger is another issue, we can't get the velocity they get from factory ammo, and the powders are coated with another unknown chemical to change it's properties.

The 43 grain max load for the 60 grain V-Max in the 22-250 loads is a hot load, the primers were flat and increased bolt lift. I also loaded 43 grains with the new 53's and 55's with loud reports from the same gun. The harmonics were off. They state emphatically to use thier powder (superformance) with bullets and guidelines they have provided. The 43 grain load with the 53 V_Max was 1.25" @ 200 yards though. I get 1/2" @ 200 yards with 36.2 of 4064 IMR and the 53-V_max though.

Not the most stable of powders but very dependable @ 75 degrees and less for me. I still have lots of Varget and 8208 to load but just wanted to get rid of all my old (IMR) powders first.

Page generated in 0.02511 seconds with 8 queries