View Single Post
Old November 26, 2010, 08:41 AM   #21
Deputy Dog

I teach the NRA Basic Pistol Course at a gun shop, we are in a back room, but customers still have access to the room for there is merchandise back there. I will have the class take a break every hour or so, and its always after I go through the proper way to pick up and inspect and the proper hand-off/receiving techniques I will walk out into the shop to see some of my students receiving firearms from one of the owners friends (who helps him from time to time) complete opposite of what I just physically showed and had them execute themselves. The excuse from the student is usually, " Well he has to know what he is doing right, he is standing behind the counter" the excuse from the friend is "I know it's not loaded, I have been around guns all my life and never had ND "

ND's happen due to carelessness and ignorance, the problem is that most people that pick up or go to pick a firearm for the first time dont think they need instruction. Or they have been taught by a family member who may have instilled bad habbits from the get go. I have seen it time and time again, please get someone you know proper instruction from someone who teaches on a regular bassis that way there nothing has been left out.

DD

Page generated in 0.03844 seconds with 8 queries