View Single Post
Old June 12, 2013, 08:32 PM   #3
allaroundhunter

Quote:
It is supposed to allow you to consistently make hite up to 1000 yards even without holding perfectly on the target.
False. You still must hold directly where the scopes algorithms say you need to in order for the shot to be made (and thus the hit). The scope does not guide the bullet, it merely does not allow the rifle to be fired until it is in the correct firing position for a hit. And 2nd, it allows for hits at greater than 1,000 yards.

I *virtually* tested one of these at the NRA convention this year. Is it a gimmick? Well, that depends on your definition. Does it work? Yes. Will many people be able to afford it? No.

You cannot just buy the scope. It is connected to and only works with one of their rifles so you are purchasing a package. You also must use their ammo because it is what the scope is calibrated for (and no, you can't recalibrate it for your own handloads or other factory ammo).

Quote:
It won't track targets moving faster than 10 MPH and if I understood him correctly the gun fires itself after the shooter has marked the target? That raises more problems than it solves in my opinion.
I'm not sure about the 10 mph figure, but I would bet that it can track a target faster than that. And no, the gun does not automatically fire itself after the shooter marks his or her target. The shooter must enter the wind, then tag the target. At that point the target uses a built in laser rangefinder to range the target and automatically adjusts the scope accordingly. After this, the user is able to pull and hold the trigger (and they are HEAVY triggers) whenever he or she is ready to shoot. While holding the trigger, the shooter guides the crosshairs back to the "tag" and once the two line up the gun will fire. If the shooter is not holding the trigger down then the gun will not fire.

Last edited by allaroundhunter; June 12, 2013 at 08:49 PM.

Page generated in 0.03660 seconds with 8 queries