View Single Post
Old May 6, 2006, 05:00 PM   #25
gbair

Mtn Hawk,

I do own the Classic cast press, and I'm sorry that my previous post stated
1 1/2 rather than 1 1/4 x 12. Regardless, the lock-n-load die bushings do work. I have newer longer threaded Lee dies and some tighten towards the last threads, but they all work and produce fine accurate ammo. My one set of old Lee 7mm TCU dies do not work because they were the old shorter thread type dies. My bullet sizing dies all work as well. A little shorter than if they were screwed into the conventional 7/8 x 14 thread, but they still work the same. The lock-n-load die bushings use up a little space, so the longer threaded dies are needed. Maybe Lee was concerned that you may have their older dies.

I purchased this press because I like Lee products and again Lee produced a quality piece of equipment at a reasonable price. I was in need of a single stage press to handle certain reloading duties, and this press does the job. I wish I had more space, because I really like the looks of the new Classic Turret press. I used my old 3-hole turret press to load thousands of rounds before I went progressive. The new turret has a lot of great features.

If the turret press had come out sooner, I'd have bought it over the single stage classic. The attraction of the single was to eventually load 50 cal.

Regards,
Greg

Page generated in 0.02564 seconds with 8 queries