View Single Post
Old March 15, 2005, 09:49 PM   #6
Concealed*Carrie

Okay... I'll go respond in reverse chrono order to the responses that I got (and all are appreciated so thank you so much!)

Guy B. Meredith: I have absolutely NO experience at all!
This is my first gun and first time shooting!
The only experience that I have with shooting something is "the bird"!
So just take the assumption here that I "know nothing" (because its true!)
(thanks too)

Shamus: I'm going to be going with my Brother (semi-knowledgable), his buddy "Tim" (verrry knowledgable), my brother-in-law (marine... knows his [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color]), my stepdad (eh.. he knows a little), and my mother (who is shooting for the first time too). So there's going to be a few people around us who know what they're doing.
As far as "calling ya"... h*ll... why don't you just meet us!
I can probably use all the help that I can get!
(thanks for your offer there! I do want to check into some gun safety classes in my area... I'm going to have to do some research along those lines as well).

n3twrkm4n: when you say to make sure that my "brass" isnt flying in their face... are you referring to my shells? (sorry.. I'm not down with all the gun lingo yet ). I told you guys... I know VERY LITTLE about this stuff.
In reference to the "sandbag"... is that to put my elbow on to help steady myself for just starting out? Good idea... I'll make sure to take something!

As for what the range looks like... I have no idea... I've never even been in this place! It's the one that my brother, his buddy, and my brother-in-law all go to... so this'll be my first time ever even stepping foot in the building!
The only thing that I know about it is that you have to buy thier ammo and that its $10/hour. that's it!
(thanks for your info... big help!)

Anyhow... everyone... thanks for all of the info!!!
I can't even articulate how helpful this site has been (and I've only been a member for 2 days!!!)

Page generated in 0.02473 seconds with 8 queries