View Single Post
Old May 22, 2002, 01:40 PM   #7
jimsbowies

the answer needs the question

You ask about the quality and if you're talking about general "pocketknife" usage...with that typically being cleaning one's nails, opening mail, cutting string...those kinds of chores...I'd say absolutely....the Beretta brands are nice-looking, handle well in the hand and are well-made.

If on the other hand you're looking for a "ranch" or "trapper" type knife..hard usage, skinning, whittling, etc....then I'd suggest you move on up the "foodchain".....

Frankly, with the exception of some of the "pakistani" junk that's imported and primarily sold to idiots or those who wish to have large knives and swords for displays, most of the cutlery today is just superb.

AG Russell gets a ton of his stuff made in Seki City, Japan and some of the best small utilitarian knives around are made in Taiwan and other locations.....heck, I purchased one of the Fox Ospreys made in Italy and I'm really becoming attached to this little folder.

I think we're in the heyday of knives....superb customs, semi-customs, collaborations and factory made knives in all prices, shapes and forms.....

As a card-carrying, platinum-plated and self-proclaimed knife nut, I'm loving these days.....

Page generated in 0.03605 seconds with 8 queries