View Single Post
Old January 5, 2014, 10:54 PM   #34
Againstthewind

Antelope

I was glad to hear that so many people enjoy hunting and respect the pronghorn. They get a bad reputation here sometimes because they are all over, don't seem all that bright, etc. They do get hit by cars pretty regularly. They are a pretty amazing animal. They can be a lot of fun to hunt even though there are herds alongside the road all year. They can make excellent sausage if taken care of properly, too. A lot of people don't like how they taste, but I am suspicious that some of those are the same people who chase them down with trucks and take the running shots. Adrenalin pumped through the system of an animal with lungs and heart of that size gets into the meat very quickly. Antelope season is early when it is pretty hot too.

I have heard about the waving cloths, mirror, and dressing up like a doe, etc., but I have never tried it. Water hole spot and stalking seems to work. I would like to put a blind on a water hole spot for archery. This is a firearm site, though so enough of that.

Page generated in 0.03360 seconds with 8 queries