View Single Post
Old February 4, 2013, 10:55 PM   #27
Mike Irwin
Staff

"Not directly. Not every drug directly manipulates dopamine, serotonin, or norepinephrine concentrations in the synapse."

Can you tell me how you read my original statement and arrived at the conclusion that I meant every?

"It's well documented that SSRIs, over time, affect the post-synaptic serotonin receptor density, leading to tolerance."

That's exactly what they're supposed to do. It's why it's now know that there needs to be a withdrawal period from these medications, to allow the body's natural chemistry to regain it's full functional status after being propped up by the medications (which is, again, exactly what they're supposed to do).

My sole argument is that these medications have proven to have life saving capabilities, and that far too many people scapegoat the easy target in order to find easy "answers" to difficult questions (sounds like OMG ACCESS TO GUNS! OMG HIGH CAPACITY MAGAZINE CLIPS! doesn't it?)

If you want to have an argument about neuropharmacology, go argue with the goddamned appropriate MD.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.

Page generated in 0.02202 seconds with 8 queries