Thread: Stupid question
View Single Post
Old May 22, 2000, 10:16 AM   #4
USP45usp

Thanks for the replys. I've heard horror stories of accidently cutting the stomach and /or bladder and ruinning the meat. Others have told me stories of having to drag the game (heavy, like deer) over great distances and having to throw away alot of the meat that was damaged. I was thinking of going on my first hunt this year and I wanted to try to find some stuff to get me ready. If my uncle was still alive (and I lived back in the South) I would go with him.. but I can't. I am bound and determined to go this year whether I have to quit my job or not. Or if I can get anyone to go with me our not. I want to get back into the "old ways" and kill my own meat. I'm getting tired of all these scares about E-Coli, Additives, etc.. Plus, I've seen some of these food cows/pigs around here and they don't look all that good to me. Plus... I remember as a youth my uncle with his wild turkey, his deer, his boar... BBQ's, Smoked, Honey Glazed Hams.... *slobber*... excuse me.. I'm drooling on myself. I've never ever tasted anything like it since and I've eaten at many places and bought alot of food (meat) out of the supermarket. All I can say is... I don't eat alot of meat any longer. The last wild thing I'd eaten was jerky... very good, better then I'd ever eaten... turns out that a buddy of mine has a friend in kalifornia... he raises Inguna's (sp) for jerky.... but it was good. Sorry for all the ranting all... just thinking about what may come into being. Thanks again. USP45usp

Page generated in 0.02496 seconds with 8 queries