View Single Post
Old November 1, 1999, 01:31 PM   #48
EQUALIZER

Kurt,

I agree with you. Mounted lights can be a great tool with proper use and so long as all safety requirements are meant. The "light" issue carries over to other tools of the trade as well. For example:

How many times have I been out deer hunting and have caught a hunter trying to get a closer look at me through his scope!!! This is completely unappropriate and violates several safety rules right off of the bat. I've been tempted at those times to raise my own rifle and shout "Lower your weapon, you @#$!*!"!!! I did not, as I did not wish to also violate safety rules against a stupid @$!@# who I did not believe was out too hunt me. They were being stupid and disrespectful to put it nicely.

This is a good topic and I am glad that it is being addressed. \

By the way, solution to the problem of seeing things close up w/out using scope: I carry a pair of zoom 7-15 power lightweight binoculars when hunting and scouting. I do not have a light mounted on my gun, but the same SOLUTION holds true. Just carry a separate flashlight and keep gun pointed in SAFE direction until ready to shoot bad guy. Anything wrong with that? I realize that different situations call for different tactics, but violating safety of a possible innocent isn't called for most of the time IMHO.

------------------
"But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip; and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." -Jesus Christ (Luke 22:36, see John 3:15-18)

[This message has been edited by EQUALIZER (edited November 01, 1999).]

Page generated in 0.03627 seconds with 8 queries