View Single Post
Old June 18, 2013, 10:51 PM   #14
guitaoist

Same "issue" with Ruger P-89

I was looking for this problem with a P-89 but apparently even the new models like your p-95 have this issue..

"With the safety engaged, no magazine in the gun, I can rack the slide and it will cock the hammer. It only happens if I do a deliberate pull of the slide"

i noticed this too and almost peed myself when it first happened because what if i had a round in the chamber and was released with i decocked it? luckily with the safety engaged the hammer WiLL NOT strike the firing pin, it's impossible due to the design which was improved from the earlier P-85 mark I's, they forced a free recall of all P-85's when one discharged when it dropped with the hammer cocked, no one was injured. so they fixed it and instead released the Mark II's afterwards which solved that problem.
but the problem with the slide is somewhat annoying to have, what i do to solve it is not rack the slide, just do the slide release with your right thumb alone which gives it enough umph to make up for that 1/4 cm difference in the slide. or just really rack the slide instead of gently.

Page generated in 0.02201 seconds with 8 queries