View Single Post
Old June 2, 2011, 01:57 PM   #23
BigJimP

Static - is a product of it being too dry in there ...not damp.

But high humidity can be an issue too ....causing the powder to pick up moisture and then clump and not meter as well.... If its that damp in you're reloading area / you may need to just dump all the powder back into the storage container every time you're done reloading ....and then mix it up real well before you drop it back into the cannister on the loader before you start reloading.

As a routine ...when I start the loader ( I put spent - still primed shells - in the powder drop and shot drop stations ...and cycle the loader 7 or 8 times / measuring the powder after the 5th drop or so ...to make sure its consistent. Once it's dead nuts on my goal of say 18.3 grains ...for my 1 oz loads in 12ga ...then I run my hulls thru the press ...and I only check about 1 shell in 25 ...just to make sure nothing has changed.

Powder drops will change - as the bottles empty as well .../ so I always keep it more than half full. You refill the shot more often anyway ...and I just top off the powder when I fill the shot...

But like I said before ....make sure the loader is clamped or bolted down tightly / make sure you're not varying your motion as you cycle the loader / as well ( which is kind of difficult on a single stage press )....but you'll get it all worked out.

Last edited by BigJimP; June 2, 2011 at 02:03 PM.

Page generated in 0.02551 seconds with 8 queries