View Single Post
Old June 5, 2009, 09:44 PM   #30
Tamara
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_law_man01
Oh, hey Tam, I'm sure that since you seem to be such an expert on Lee Enfields
Oh, I'm no expert on them. I own a couple, and have owned a few others in the past. I've sold a whole bunch of them over the past years, though. Tikirocker's a lot more of an "Enfield expert" than I am.
Quote:
that you know the sights are able to be removed from the barrel with no damage to any parts. This way it can be completely put back to original parts. I'm sure you also noticed that there was no cutting done to this gun. With the exception of drilling and tapping, this gun can go back to completely original in a weekend.
Yeah, so?

#1: You didn't mention if the original parts come with the gun or not.

#2: Even if the original parts do come with the gun, and someone puts them back on, all they have is a drilled & tapped Ishy .308. Assuming it headspaces tight, all the numbers match, and it has a stock that doesn't look like it's been gnawed on by angry beavers (like most Enfields that spent too much time in India) that's a $200-$250 gun all day long.

Quote:
Thanks for trying to sound intelligent. Doesn't fit you though.
No need to be rude; all I did was wish you luck. Oh, and don't forget Rule #3, which you agreed to when you signed up here at The Firing Line:
Quote:
3) No spamming, trolling, flaming or other personal attacks, be they acrimonious or veiled in humor. If you take issue with a Member's position, by all means speak your mind. If you have a problem with a Member's religion, creed, national origin, sex, politics, associations or personal hygiene, take it to email.
Thank you, and have a nice day!

Page generated in 0.04216 seconds with 8 queries