Thread: XDSuprise
View Single Post
Old December 9, 2012, 05:59 PM   #3
dayman

So, I was able to go out back and put 120 rounds through it this after noon. 100 rounds of WWB, and 20 of critical defense without a hitch. I'll put another 100 or so through it before it turns into my EDC, but I have no doubt now that that's going to happen.

I did have a couple of concerns, but after shooting it I"m convinced theyre going to be non issues.

First, the capacity. It's only 5+1, but I found that the mags are small enough that they're almost unnotacible in my vest pockets, so with one on each side I'm carrying 16 rounds of .45 - and with 3 mags a lot would have to go wrong for the gun to be inoperable. I could up that a bit more by carrying the 7 rounders, but I don't like the way they feel.

Second, the recoil. It's a small gun that shoots a big round, so I was a bit concerned. As it turns out - whether from the short barrel, or the geometry of the design - it's really not that bad. I'd rate the recould somewhere between .38spcl and .357mag through my sp101. You definitly know when it goes off, but my hand felt fine after 120 rounds, and it came back down plenty fast for decent follow ups.

Third, the trigger. As I'd said before it's not great. However, as it turns out it's somehow better with live ammo than it is with a snap cap. It could definitly have a cleaner break, but it didn't really seem to effect accuracy. I was able to keep all my shots pretty much on top of each other in slow fire (shooting steel, so I didn't measure groups), and double taps within a few inches. I didn't buy the gun to win any bulls eye contests, and with it's currwent trigger it's more than accurate enough for any likely SD scenerio.

So all in all I'm pretty sure I've found my new EDC.
The only thing I can think of that I don't like are the sights - in that they're not night sights. The fiber optics work great to a point, but I did loose my sights before I lost my target shooting it this evening. So, that's a relitively easy fix.

Anyway, that's my take. Definitly worth a look if you're shopping for a slim CCW that packs a punch - and I beleive they're avalable in 9mm or .40 as well.

Page generated in 0.02408 seconds with 8 queries