View Single Post
Old March 12, 2009, 09:44 AM   #3
Mike Irwin
Staff

How about pointing out a couple of examples of threads that have been locked and for which you find the reason for the locking to be... lacking?

But, let's take a look at a couple of scenario-type topics that might show up here at TFL...

Scenario 1. "There have been a number of home invasions in my area by a group of criminals. What can I do to help ensure that I'm prepared in case MY home is invaded, and what gun would be a good choice for home defense in a situation like that?"

Scenario 2. "What would you do if Haley's Comet veered off course, struck earth, and turned 75% of the world's population into mutagenic zombies with a taste for sweet human flesh? What gun would be best for killing mutagenic zombies?"

Of those two scenario threads, which one would survive and which one would be locked?

1 would survive, and 2 would be locked, of course.

Why?

Because 1 deals with real life events that unfortunately happen with some frequency across the nation, and 2 deals with science fiction/fantasy bullcrap that has a foundation only in bad video games and even worse George Romero movies.

That's the distinction -- reality vs sci fi.

TFL is not a science fiction/fantasy webring. It deals with the here and now. There are many other sites that deal with sci-fi/fantasy.

IF, and only IF, there is a rise in the number of reported, and authentic mutagenic zombie sightings, currently registering a staggering level of ZERO worldwide, we'll reconsider.

So...

To summarize, TFL deals with real life. The more fanciful, more fantastic, more unrealistic, and more ludicrous a scenario becomes, the more likely it is to be locked.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.

Page generated in 0.03694 seconds with 8 queries