View Single Post
Old August 19, 2002, 04:35 PM   #89
BlackRazor

The choice of law enforcement "professionals"

So, the FBI is in love with the Glock 40? The same FBI that just took a giant leap backwards by adopting the hopelessly out of date 1911? Wow, where do I sign up!? As far as I'm concerned, the guns chosen by the law enforcement's elite of are the ones to avoid... Why, you ask? Well, let's think about the criteria the FBI and every other "I need to look bad ass" organization uses in selecting a new weapon. First of all, it needs to be cheap. Second, it needs to be so safe and so simple that even the stupidest person can use it "proficiently" without accidentally shooting himself or someone innocent... that means squeeze cockers are out if for no other reason than excess "complication." When you're issuing a weapon, you need to appeal to the lowest common denominator...

Remember, the FBI are the folks who sang the praises of the 10mm, only to admit later that their guns were too powerful for their own meager shooting skills. So why did they switch to the 10mm in the first place? Oh yeah, because they needed a round that, unlike their current 9mm, could kill a taget instantly regardless of shot placement. Or at least, that was the idea, right? After all, when their agents were killed as a result of the badguy failing to go down after being shot, it couldn't have anything to do with the fact he was shot once in the shoulder, right? right? The FBI needed someone or something to blame, and since they couldn't blame their failure on their own incompetence, they blamed their guns instead. The feds may have fooled some of you into thinking that they're some sort of firearms authority, but I think the facts speak for themselves. The next time the FBI chooses a new handgun, I know exactly where it belongs... the trash can.

*edited for typos*

Last edited by BlackRazor; August 19, 2002 at 07:07 PM.

Page generated in 0.03897 seconds with 8 queries