View Single Post
Old April 22, 2011, 10:13 PM   #2
Gerry

Limp wristing sometimes only shows its effect with softer loads, resulting in stovepipes. I once tried to make my wife some very powder-puff loads, and she would get a stovepipe every second round while I could shoot magazine after magazine and have them cycle perfectly. 2/10ths of a grain more was all it needed with 9mm to solve the stovepiping issue for her.

How do the fired cases look? They're expanding properly without obvious signs of leakage?

Then again, perhaps your gun is fairly new and tight. A really good tight slide to frame fit will make it more difficult to cycle, as will strong springs. Both problems can be solved by exercising the gun with slightly bigger loads. After shooting a few hundred rounds, the softer loads may end up working fine. So don't pull them yet if you made lots.

I'd try working up the load a little and keep the OAL and crimp the same. Changing the crimp with a .45 ACP wouldn't help your problem anyway. Just try a couple more loads, perhaps 2/10th of a grain more and a few 4/10ths of a grain more. You'll still be under max according to the figures you gave. Often just a couple tenths makes an incredible difference with cycling.

Page generated in 0.03676 seconds with 8 queries