View Single Post
Old October 24, 2012, 04:20 PM   #14
weblance

Ok... heres the deal. I wanted a new, all steel, snubnosed .22 DA revolver. Since none of the companies I trust build a revolver in this configuration, My only choice was to buy something that had the best chance of being serviceable. I have a Ruger LCR-22 and a S&W 317, but the LCR is DAO, and the Smith is aluminum, and I dont want to beat it up shooting thousands of rounds thru it. I decided to try a Taurus, because I have a Taurus 905, and it has been giving excellent service. The 94 is actually a nice revolver, but IMO needs a little more finishing from the factory. Since I dont want to send it back to Taurus, I will do what needs done to bring it to the level I feel it needs to be at. The chambers are very rough, and have more machine marks than I have ever seen in a revolver. Thinking about it, its almost like they were never polished. All my other 22 revolvers have nicely polished cylinders with only a few, or no marks. This is a learning experience, and in this case, I guess I got what I paid for. I am capable of doing the work on this revolver myself, and I dont feel this revolver should be buried in a deep hole and forgotten about. I guess I should have started this thread with pictures, but here are 2. What do you guys thing about the cylinder machining, and does it look like ANY polishing was done, and if this revolver was yours, would you send it back to Taurus, or polish it yourself. Remember, its brand new, with maybe 500 rounds thru it. Keep the bashing to a minimum... it helps nothing.

Page generated in 0.03199 seconds with 8 queries